Music: Woxitron WIP
It all started with a single custom drumloop run through dozens of plugins, cut into pieces and rearranged to retrieve several versions that can be layered. That was years ago, using Cubase. Now I feel slightly awkward about not using purely free software , but this material is way to good to leave it 🙂
I took those few short loops and a bunch of other old samples to build a track in Ardour. Said samples include me screaming into the mic, a car and a lorry passing by on a wet street and a soda stream.
So far its almost all percussion. I intend to add melodic parts. Usually I build a “core” of a piece, consisting of 4 to 16 bars with complete instrumentation, but here I have a skeleton now 🙂
I made this WIP snapshot to gather some feedback, as I wonder if the breaks and transitions are maybe a bit rough and whether I should extend some parts to provide stability.